Job title: Teaching Assistant – Part Time
Salary and grade: PCD5 £21,968 (fte) per annum pro rata
27hrs per week, 39 weeks per year (term time plus 1 week)
School Name: St James’ CE Junior School
Address: Blake Street, Barrow in Furness, Cumbria, LA14 1NY
Tel no: 01229 833610
Application closing date: Friday 16th June at 12noon
The children, staff and governors of St James’ CE Junior School are looking to appoint a Teaching Assistant to start September 2023 on a fixed term contract until 31st August 2024 with the possibility of being extended depending on funding.
You will be working across key stage 2, supporting children with their learning and emotional needs providing tailored interventions, as required, enabling them to achieve their full learning potential.
The successful candidate will:
- Maintain and ensure high expectations of learning and behaviour
- Be willing to promote the Christian values of the school and maintain the positive ethos
- Have knowledge and understanding of effective pupil behaviour management
- Have the ability to engage and enthuse all children using a variety of approaches
- Have experience of working with challenging behaviour
- Have a commitment to teamwork
- Can develop excellent relationships with all members of our school community
We can offer you:
- A caring, committed, hardworking, supportive staff team that strive to bring out the best in their children
- An openness to new ideas and approaches
- Genuine commitment to your continued professional development
- An engaging and nurturing environment with an emphasis on caring, supporting and learning from and with each other
St James’ CE Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring (DBS) check.
Further details about the school, the post and an application form are available from the school office:
Visits to the school are welcomed and encouraged, please make any enquiries via email or phone.
A letter of application will also be required.
The closing date for applications to be returned to school by post or email is 12noon Friday 16th June 2023.
Interviews will take place week beginning 19th June 2023.