Job title: Administrative Assistant Level 2 – Part Time
Salary and grade: BS4 £21,575 (fte) per annum pro rata
Hours: Wednesday & Thursday 8:45am – 3:30pm (45-minute break for lunch), 12hrs per week, 39 weeks per year (term time plus 1 week)
Reporting to: Business Manager & Head Teacher
School Name: St James’ CE Junior School
Address: Blake Street, Barrow in Furness, Cumbria, LA14 1NY
Tel no: 01229 833610
Application closing date: Monday 19th June at 12noon
The children, staff and governors of St James’ CE Junior School are looking to appoint an Administrative Assistant to start September 2023 on a fixed term contract until 31st August 2024 with the possibility of being extended depending on funding.
The administrative assistant is responsible for supporting with the administrative, financial and organisational processes within the school. You will also act as the initial point of contact for parents, visitors and other stakeholders so will be an ambassador for the school and embody the value, vision and ethos of the school in all interactions.
Duties and responsibilities
- Update manual and computerised record/information systems
- Organise and distribute incoming and outgoing post
- Provide administrative support to staff as needed
- Order, monitor and manage stock, ensuring best value following the school’s purchasing processes
- Keep records in accordance with the school’s record retention schedule and data protection law, ensuring information security and confidentiality at all times
- Monitor and keep up to date maintenance records and arrange larger repairs and obtain quotes from contractors.
- Update and distribute online and offline communications (e.g. letters, newsletters, social media posts etc) to parents, staff and other stakeholders
- Assist with marketing and promoting the school
- Monitor and maintain an accurate record of pupil attendance, producing reports as necessary
- Monitor the late arrival of pupils and contact parents/carers to identify reasons for non-attendance, ensuring all safeguarding procedures are followed
- Act as the first point of contact for parents and visitors arriving at the school
- Deal with telephone and face-to-face enquiries efficiently and in a professional and supportive manner
- Respond to messages promptly and accurately, passing on information to relevant staff members as necessary
- Control access to the school in line with the school’s safeguarding procedures, including signing-in visitors, checking identification as necessary
- Enter data into the school’s finance systems and produce reports as necessary
- Collect, monitor, record and issue receipts or payments from parents
- Carry out financial administration in line with the school’s procedures
We can offer you:
- A caring, committed, hardworking, supportive staff team that strive to bring out the best in their children
- An openness to new ideas and approaches
- Genuine commitment to your continued professional development
- An engaging and nurturing environment with an emphasis on caring, supporting and learning from and with each other
St James’ CE Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring (DBS) check.
Further details about the school, the post and an application form are available from the school office:
Visits to the school are welcomed and encouraged, please make any enquiries via email or phone.
A letter of application will also be required.
The closing date for applications to be returned to school by post or email is 12noon Monday 19th June 2023.
Interviews will take place week beginning 26th June 2023.